Friday 14 August 2009

informal worship

So the upcoming challenge is to create an informal worship service that will help people in some way to connect with God, while at the same time (I hope) enable some insight into what God is asking of us in terms of a response. I've been given this remit with the added encouragement that anything goes! They are open to different and creative ways of worshipping - so that is great.

The theme I've decided upon is 'Celebrating Community', with a focus on embracing the gifts we all have to offer to each other and to the community at large. I'm excited about this. I just hope enough people come so that it will actually feel like the community is represented. I think I'm having 'attendance anxiety'... :/

It's a leap of faith, hoping that people will relate to what you put forth; hoping that you have heard the Spirit's leading and considered the congregation rightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

These comments are moderated by Curate Karen and so there will be a delay between posting a comment and its appearance on the blog. You may need to click on 'Post Comment' twice.